Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My dog had an episode of bloody diarrhoea a week ago and

Customer Question

My dog had an episode of bloody diarrhoea a week ago and nothing since. He was sick once but has been coughing ever since
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How is the dog's breathing? Is it any louder, slower, or faster than normal?
Customer: no all normal
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: scooby he’s n18months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: I don’t think so
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’m still waiting ! I was told I’d get an answer in 8 mins and that was 15 mins ago
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello???????
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It’s now been 30 mins!!!!!! Refund my £5 please
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 13 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for your patience.

I'm sorry to hear that Scrooby has been coughing, the fact that it has been going on for over a week is a little concerning.

Possible causes could include

• A respiratory infection (viral/bacterial) such kennel cough or aspiration pneumonia.
  • Lungworm
  • Heart disease
  • Etc

I would suggest taking him to your vet for a full examination to help narrow down the cause and determine the correct course of treatment or investigation. I would also suggest that if he hasn't been already that he is treated for lungworm with a suitable product such as Advocate, Panacur or Nexguard.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I gave him panacur 3 days ago . I will take him to the vet thank you
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 13 days ago.

OK great. A 7 day course of Panacur is required for lungworm treatment. I hope he is recovering quickly. Best wishes.