Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

Cat has been brought round by a nei, The cat is about 18 in

Cat has been brought round by a nei
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the cat's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: The cat is about 18 in pain when I picked him up , neighbour said hasnt moved all day and is breathing heavily
JA: How has the cat's appetite been? Any changes in his stool?
Customer: Hes a bit of a stray and has been at the neighbours for a while , not eaten today or moved
JA: Could he have eaten something unusual?
Customer: Dont think so , looks very thin breathing heavily. They're an elderly couple and thought he was dying
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Tigsy because he was a stray he must be 18
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Shes looked in poor health for a while but had been staying at neighbours for a while
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm very sorry to hear this.
Fast breathing is a red flag and could indicate heart disease, fluid on the lungs, pain or a fever.
Not being able to move could be due to the poor oxygenation or perhaps there has been a blood clot (saddle embolus) or trauma.
Tigsy needs immediate vet attention. We need to check him over and assess the situation as he may need medicine, intervention (such as his chest drained) or even to be put to sleep if he is suffering with little hope of recovery.
If you need the details for a local vet, please let me know.
Apologies, I was saying he when Tigsy is a she.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you I've got the number for a vet that's open .
Ok brilliant. Please feel free to keep me updated and to ask any further questions you may have. Wishing Tigsy all the very Best.