Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Cocktail possible broken left wing and bleeding, shacking,

Cocktail possible broken left wing and bleeding, shacking, walking in circles
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Cockatail bird
JA: How badly is the animal bleeding? When did this start?
Customer: Bleeding stopped, wing full of blood but cleaned off no bleeding at present
JA: And what's the animal's name and age?
Customer: Tom 4yr old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Shacking when awake
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Eating and drinking ok
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Opens both wings when in pain and screeched, puts head down, wings look ok no bones
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Out of skin

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

I'm sorry to hear of this. It does sound like some trauma has occurred to this left wing. It is good that the bleeding has stopped and that he is eating and drinking OK.

If you feel that you have been able to inspect the wing well for any skin wohdns or fractures then we could give him 12-24hours of strict rest to see if things improve, if not or if there are any skin wounds then I would advise taking him to a vet (ideally one with avian experience) for a full examination and xray which may need to be under anaesthesia.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Many thanks for your assistance, is the shacking normal as seems to be at heart rate shack

Shaking can indicate fear and possibly pain. I would perhaps cover the cage over for a few hours to let him settle, if he remains like that then he must see a Vet