RebeccaC921
RebeccaC921,
Experience:  Expert
110217497

My cat's fecal become. whats going on? Thank you, start from

Hello, my cat's fecal become white. whats going on? Thank you
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. When did you notice this change in stool? Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: start from 2-3 weeks ago, it was just a little, so I thought its cat hair. but it is getting more and more, today almost all white.
JA: What's the cat's name?
Customer: Cheese
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: He got cat covid at the end of last year or the beginning of this year (all good but liquid stool, sometimes with blood and mucus). We gave him zd food for 6 weeks as suggested. after the stool looks better I changed his food. maybe the white faecal start from there.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (ZG56634)

Hello there,

Welcome to Just Answer. We are an online advice service. You are through to Dr Coles. I am a UK based vet. I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your cat. Are his stools normal consistency now? Is he eating well?  What food is he on at the moment?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks for answer my question. Except for the color, I think his stools looks all good. I just sent a picture. When he had zd food, his stools looks so so so dry, small and ball shape. I used to gave his Orijen, but after zd food he will have liquid stool with Orijen. So now I give him Ziwi Peak beef dry food.

Unfortunately I am unable to take calls at the moment but you shouldn't be charged for this if another expert doesn't call you.

Thanks for the picture. To me the stool looks normal and brown, rather than white?
So his stools are normal on Ziwi?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I dont know if I should say normal or not normal. consider dry or wet, it is normal. but the color not normal I think. He used to has dark brown stool, and my another cat with same food have dark brown stool as well. from the picture you can see some parts are still dark brown but most of them become maybe yellow white? I tried to split the white parts, looks like powder inside.

In the picture I think the stools appear normal. White faeces can be caused by several different things;

Pancreatitis, gastrointestinal malabsorption, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (not common in cats), worms (tapeworm, roundworm) and inflammatory bowel disease.

I would ideally recommend keeping him on the ZD food. I would also advise having him booked in for a vet check again, plus considering a faecal test to be sent to the lab to check for infectious agents.

Dr Coles

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you very much. I will contact his vet to check. Just now, should I give him some probiotics? I have Protexin. Thank you for your time and help.

Yes I would recommend using probiotics, protexin is good for this.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Will do! Thank you very much!