Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

5 year old cat with lower tooth hanging off, is it safe to

5 year old cat with lower tooth hanging off, is it safe to let it just fall off in its own time
JA: The Vet will be able to answer your question, plus any follow-ups you may have. What's the cat's name?
Customer: whitey.
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.This may have been due to trauma or there could be underlying dental disease.The issue is that teeth can have substantial roots so it mau not fall off of its own accord. We would also be worried that there is underlying dental disease which needs to be seen to. In some cases, there is an associated infection and/or inflammation, so Whitey might needs some pain relief, antibiotics and anti inflammatories.For these reasons,a vet visit ASAP is best.I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions,Linda.