Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

My mini york weighs 2 kg. I have a problem because he pooped

Hi, my mini york weighs 2 kg. I have a problem because he pooped with blood on Sunday. He had bacteria last year, and it was the same. He was given Norbrook 75mg antibiotic then. Can you get a prescription so he can take medicine today? I have an appointment with the vet tomorrow.
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Yorshire terrier, 2kgs in weight, 6 yo
JA: Has the Yorkshire Terrier seemed more or less thirsty since this started?
Customer: No
JA: Did the Yorkshire Terrier eat anything unusual recently?
Customer: He doesn't want food or drink
JA: What's the Yorkshire Terrier's name and age?
Customer: Kevin
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

Is Kevin up-to-date with vaccines, flea and wormers?

Have you recently changed his diet?

Based on the information you have provided so far, my best recommendation would be to give your local vet a call and see if no appointments are available for today for a diarrhoea work-up. There can be numerous causes for this, from parasites to diet issues or even bacterial infections (which he's had in the past). The bit that worries me is that he refuses to eat or drink and they can become quite dehydrated when that happens. If no known food intollerances, you can try some boiled chicken or boiled white fish to stimmulate his appetite.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
All vaccines are up to date
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
There was no change in his diet

Please consider booking Kevin an emergency appointment to check gis Glucose Level and his Hydration Status. Also Temperature is quite an important factor right now.