Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My dog is. In pain hard stomach being sick with yellow

Customer Question

My dog is. In pain hard stomach being sick with yellow ,sick
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this? Has the dog been licking or rubbing the skin?
Customer: Duke has been like this awhile bank holiday and all that can't afford emergency vet I can't drive with little money she was picking her private s
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Buffy 12
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: She is very week and contracting her stomach
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 18 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concern.Vomiting and a tense stomach are a real concern.What breed is Buffy?
Is her stomach bloated like a balloon?
Had she been spayed?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Chinese crested yes bloated like a balloon she hasn’t been spayed
Thank you.The concern here is that she may well have a uterus infection (pyomeyta). This can lead to shock and even death if left untreated.Other considerations would include a toxin ingestion, gut obstruction, pancreatitis etc.Unfortunately, this isn't something that can be treated at home. She is at the stage where she needs vet treatment, no question.They will examine her and may run some tests such as a blood test and abdominal scan. Treatment will depend on what is going on. If she does have a uterus infection, she will be stabilised with intravenous fluids and pain relief and will likely need surgery to remove the uterus.I appreciate your financial concerns. You would need to call your local vets to enquire about cost and to see if any accept payment plans or payment on credit. They may also be able to direct you to local charity services.If you cannot drive it will mean a friend or neighbour bringing you or using a pet taxi.
I do hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.
Wishing her all the very best.