Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

I think my pet hedgehog may have a lump or growth in her

Customer Question

Hi, I think my pet hedgehog may have a lump or growth in her mouth.
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the hedgehog had this growth?
Customer: About a week ago
JA: What's the hedgehog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is roughly 5 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Lala?
Customer: No that I know of
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I don't mind waiting
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 17 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I’m a vet in the UK. Is Lala an African Pygmy hedgehog?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi, yes she is
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
She has a small lump I am hunk on her bot***** *****p. There was a scab there and I think she bit/caught it while playing or eating. The work nd is totally healed but her lip still protrudes slightly.

At this moment in time I cannot make a phone call. However I'm happy to continue with the chat function if you are.

I would recommend Lala see a vet to see if this is a healed wound which can be left alone or if this is mass or lump that developed a wound and requires attention. The vet would be able to recommend the best course of action once they have examined Lala.

As Lala might require some anaesthetic to be examined you might like to look around for an exotic vet who may have more experience treating this rare species.