Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

We have a 7 month old bearded dragon that for the last

Customer Question

JA: Hi there. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: We have a 7 month old bearded dragon that for the last couple of days has had a very black beard, hasn't eaten, and now wont move at all. It seems to be very distressed and in pain. There is a chance he ate a tiny piece of plastic a few days ago about 1cm in size. The left size of his stomach seems painful to touch. Could this be a blockage? What do you suggest?
JA: A lack of appetite can seem worrying. The Expert will know how to help. What's the Bearded Dragon's name?
Customer: Angel
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Hes not moving and has very black beard
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
This photo was from a couple of hours ago, now he's not moving at all, also not pooping only urate
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 18 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I’m a vet in the UK. Angel’s symptoms do sound worrying and I think you are right to think an intestinal blockage from the plastic might be the culprit. I recommend a physical exam at your local or an exotic vets as soon as possible, today would be better. If it is a blockage the vet can recommend some diagnositic tests and a treatment plan.