Mike McIntyre
Mike McIntyre,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Sioux Nation Pet Clinic
106239999

My 12 week old puppy is really struggling to poop ,she can't

Customer Question

Hi my 12 week old puppy is really struggling to poop ,she can't go and has been trying to for about 4 hours. Also she is constantly drooling and seems in distress, also she has been sliding her bottom across the floor alot .she has produced some mucus from her bottom. Please, I beg for advice
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. How long has the puppy been drooling like this?
Customer: About 3 hours
JA: Does everything look normal with the puppy's teeth?
Customer: Yes
JA: What's the puppy's name?
Customer: Milly
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Very despondent and disturb
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Where is my response ive paid my money
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike McIntyre replied 18 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. This is Dr Mike and it will be my pleasure to assist you with your questions today. I have over 20 years of experience in small animal medicine and surgery. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your little one, I can understand how stressful it is for you. I will do my utmost to assist today and to see if we will be able to resolve this quickly for you. Please be patient with me as it takes time to review and write detailed recommendations. Shortly you will receive an offer from Just Answer for a phone call, this is not directly from me and you do not have to accept it. If you prefer we can continue this whole conversation here. I will begin our discussion today with some questions to better understand your concerns.
To start with, have  there been any changes in eating, drinking, defecating or urinating most recently? I am so sorry for the wait. I just saw this question was still open.
To assist with defecation you can run warm water over the back end, or place the back end in warm water to gently soak and massage the area. Items to soften the stools a bit more a like like milk or yogurt can be of assistance also. Laxatone or Laxaire, a cat laxative that comes in a tube like toothpaste, can be found at pet stores or online.Many times when there are changes that have occurred, they can lead to slowing of the stool passage. Issues such as stress, infection, or even changes in the household can all affect GI speed. This can lead to less frequent defecations and potential constipation. Items like dairy, milk and yogurt, can help to soften the stools also. Laxatone or other hairball products are a good product you can find at a pet store or order online. These also can help to soften the stools and speed along the GI tract. This can be used in conjunction with the above listed items too. The goal of all of this is to make the stools softer so they will pass more easily.
I wanted to provide this information for you to review and consider until you were able to respond and we can discuss more. We can keep this message open for some days also, I am here daily and am readily available for follow-up. Please keep me updated as to any changes or concerns that may arise. I will be happy to discuss them more with you. It has been a pleasure assisting you and your little one today. I wish for a speedy recovery and have a great day. Thank you for using Just Answer. Dr. Mike.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Don't bother i want my money back

I will forward to customer support and they will be able to address those issue. Once again sorry for the delay. I only saw it was open.