Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

My dog has diarrhea and is struggling to get anything out,

Customer Question

My dog has diarrhea and is struggling to get anything out, his whole body seems to be contracting/ convulsing. We offered him fresh water and some chicken and rice but he had no interest. He also has no interest in getting attention which isn't like him. Should we follow up and bring him to a vet in the morning if he hasn't gotten any better?
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 20 days ago.

It sounds like you are getting a little worried. I’d recommend a quick to call to your vets tonight to make sure. Even if they are shut they will have an out of hours service. Let me know if you need help finding their number.
If you think Oscar will be okay until the morning then yes make an appointment tomorrow for treatment.