Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

Could I get prescription? I need tiacil for my cat, she has

Could I get prescription ? I need tiacil for my cat, she has eyes infection due to cat's flu. How much prescription will cost?
JA: The Vet will be able to answer your question, plus any follow-ups you may have. How long has the flu been a concern for the cat?
Customer: About 8 days
JA: What's the cat's name?
Customer: Rosa
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: I don't think so...How much it will cost me?

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient.

I regret that vets aren't allowed to prescribe through this venue. Two over the counter ophthalmic products might be helpful, however:

https://www.walmartpetrx.com/p-1292-terramycin-ophthalmic-ointment.aspx?sku=12064&&adid=*****************013&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=356303949991&wl4=pla-297849196023&wl5=9032769&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=13641038

If you can't find Terramycin ophthalmic ointment over the counter and a vet's attention isn't possible here's the next best choice:

https://vetericyn.com/product/vetericyn-plus-antimicrobial-ophthalmic-gel/ Discontinue its use if you see worsening rather than improvement.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am in the UK, not in USA! I cannot get it in the UK
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don't need any advice! I just need to buy tiacil! And I can not take it without prescription! So, in my case, you are absolutely useless to me!

You can find the Vetericyn product over the counter where pet supplies are sold. See here: https://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/vetericyn-eye-wash-89ml/productinfo/VETEREYEW

I'll opt out for a UK vet to help you.  I won't be able to return here nor respond to you.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
There are many different products for treatment of eyes infection to cats... I I have tryied all what is available...But unfortunately only tiacil was helpful! I am currently using Chloramhenicol antibiotic eye ointment, but it useless...
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm a vet in the UK. Unfortunately Dr Salkin is correct we are legally not allowed to issue a prescription for medical products or prescribe them over the internet. A vet who has examined Rosa recently will be able to help.

After a physical examination if you prefer to buy medications somewhere other than from the vet practice you can ask the vet to issue a written prescription, very much like what we receive from our doctors surgery. There is a small charge for the prescription and this cost varies slightly between practices. Please give your usual vet a quick call and they should be able to help sort this out for you.

Susan MRCVS,
Experience: Expert
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
In my case it was absolutely useless. Nothing new.

I’m sorry to hear your experience has not matched your expectations on this occasion. Feel free to ask any more questions and we will do our best to help.