Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

I don't know really. She's a 6 year old cross husky. I

Hi, I don't know really. She's a 6 year old cross husky. I noticed the other day she was going off her food. So changed it but didn't help. Now she can't seem to walk properly on her back legs. She's all bloated and keeps throwing up. She's drinking loads though.
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the Husky also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: She's absolutely knackered. It's came out of nowhere
JA: Does the Husky seem to be in any pain?
Customer: She's let me touch her legs and has been okay with it. She hasn't pulled away or anything
JA: What's the Husky's name?
Customer: Adea
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Not what I can think of. Other than in her vomit it's all black and streaky in places

Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.

I'm sorry to hear Adea is unwell, her symptoms are very concerning indeed.

Has she seen a vet yet?

Has she even spayed?

Are her gums pink and wet?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No she hasn't yet as I can't get out with her as I need petrol but all the garages where I live are closed.
And no she hasn't been.

Ok, thank you.

I am typing my reply now which will just take a few minutes.

Adea's signs are very worrying and I think she is really unwell.

Bloating can be due to e.g. a twisted stomach or infection such as a peritonitis or uterus infection (pyometra).

Black vomit can indicate internal bleeding.

Her extreme lethargy and inability to walk properly are red flags; she may be in shock or have a blood infection.

I have no doubt she needs to see a vet right now.

You may need to ask a friend or family member to her you get her there, or to use a pet taxi.

A vet will examine her and may run some tests such as a blood test and abdominal scan to determine why she is so unwell. Treatment will depend on what is going on but may include e.g. surgically removing her uterus if it is infected. She likely needs supportive care such as a fluid drip, ant acids and pain relief.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
This is a nightmare. I live in the middle of nowhere. No one around this time of night. And I have no money for treatment after this last year. Thank you I'll see what I can work out.

I'm so sorry to hear about this and understand it must be very difficult.

Unfortunately, she is so poorly that she does need to be seen now and cannot be treated from home.

Hopefully you can have her seen soon and wishing her all the very best.