Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

I have a dwarf hamster and have noticed he has been vomiting

Customer Question

I have a dwarf hamster and have noticed he has been vomiting overnight and sleeping more than usual the past few days
JA: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No only other thing I've noticed is he is struggling to climb or jump like normal
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 13 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.I'm sorry to hear this about your hamster.To clarify, hamsters cannot vomit so it may be that this is diarrhoea or they may have spat food out.Lethargy is a huge red flag in these little guys. They are a prey animal that are at risk from predators in the wild if they show signs of being ill. So, they hard to pretend they are well even when they're not.I would advise an immediate vet visit.I suspect they may benefit from medicine such as fluids, antibiotics etc and the sooner these are started the better.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Not at all.This window remains open and you can check in at any time.Wishing your little one all the very best.