Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

I have a dog (German Shepard) who is experiencing difficulty

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a dog (German Shepard) who is experiencing difficulty breathing, hasn’t eaten for 4 days, has been sick, to my knowledge, once 3 days ago, very lethargic, runny poo that is dark and very tired
JA: Hi there. A lack of appetite can seem worrying. The Expert will know how to help. Does the dog seem to be in any pain?
Customer: I don’t think so
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: bear, 8
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: he also struggles with his back legs, but nothing else
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 13 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm a vet in the UK.

I recommend you call a vet immediately and ask for an urgent appointment today.  If Bear has been feeling unwell for a few days then developed breathing problems I'd be very worried about a few serious conditions. The quicker he gets a diagnosis the better his chances are for successful treatment.

Take a poo sample or a photo of the poo which you (as this will help the vet decide if there is any digested blood in it).

Wishing Bear well.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It’s extremely runny, literally like vomit. I’ll call the vets. Thank you for your help

If you cannot pick up any poo for a sample then a photo (if you have a camera phone, really don't worry if you don't) can be helpful to understand if a test is required. Take care

Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 11 days ago.

How is Bear today?