Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My gerbil is limping, Today when i came back home i found

My gerbil is limping
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Does anything look different with the gerbil's legs/feet? When did this start?
Customer: Today when i came back home i found her sitting alone in her cage not moving at all and she can barely walk. Her heg from behind is twisted kinda
JA: And what's the gerbil's name and age?
Customer: sophie 1 year
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: no
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear Sophie has this issue.A visibly twisted leg is likely either fractured or dislocated.
These injuries aren't uncommon in these little guys and can occur if they fall from a height or get a limb trapped in their cage.A vet visit is needed ASAP to determine what has happened and what we need to do.Sophie likely needs anti inflammatories and pain relief and the sooner these are started the better.

I'm just checking in to ensure this is all OK? Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello Dr Linda, We found a nearby vet clinic and came by. We re waiting at the moment to get her seen by the Vet. Thank you for your response.