Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

Its Bella, cat, she has diarrhoea, she has diarrhoea, yes,

Hi, its Bella
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: cat
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: she has diarrhoea
JA: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: she has diarrhoea
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: yes, her poo
JA: The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Bella, 3,5 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear Bella has developed diarrhoea.When did this start?
Does she have any other signs such as lethargy, vomiting or a reduced appetite?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
she has an ongoing problem for more than 2 weeks with her diarrhoea, we already have been to the doctors, they have given her Pro-Kolin and Panacur, we also did poo test and waiting for the result, but she still experiencing diarrhoea, and we been thinking to buy more Pro-Kolin. Is it ok to give it to her?
Her appetite is very good, no vomiting.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Her symptoms has gone for a couple of days but it started again today, we have some Panacur left, is it safe to give it to her?
I am just typing my full reply now which will take a few minutes.
I'm glad she has been seen by a vet as this is a long time for diarrhoea to continue unresolved.The Protexin can be repeated for another 3 day course.The Panacur doesn't need to be repated if Bella had the full dose as it lasts for 3 months.I agree that a stool analysis is the next step and hopefully this provides results.In the mean time, as we await results, I would consider feeding a hypoallergenic diet in case of a food sensitivity.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay, How can we get Protexin? Thank you
This is a non prescription product that can be purchased online or from a pet shop or vet.For example, it is available here:https://www.animeddirect.co.uk/dogs/healthcare/digestion?ad_brand=5577%2C1962&product_list_order=name&gclid=Cj0KCQjwweyFBhDvARIsAA67M71XXQLwnoC6CyiejAVd5HPGl8FofnusjXejTfVMaufEh7NAgnWNi6waAiQWEALw_wcB
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** of it should we give and how many times per day?
The specific dose depends on the size of dog and there is a chart written on the packet.
Dose also depends on if you give the sachets or paste.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok, thanks for your help
No problem at all.If still unsure about dosing when the product arrives, I can try to help!