Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My cat has started to sneeze alot she is 13 years old, Yes

My cat has started to sneeze alot she is 13 years old
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Has the cat been eating and drinking normally? Have you taken her temperature?
Customer: Yes shes eat and drink how do I take her temperature
JA: When did this congestion start? Has the cat been licking or scratching her skin as well?
Customer: It started a few day ago she clean her self all the time
JA: What's the cat's name?
Customer: Tilly
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Shes a tortilla shell cat
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear Tilly has this issue.
Any other signs such as coughing, noisy breathing, nasal discharge, a reduced appetite or lethargy?
Does she go outside?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
she an out door cat and no other sings yet
And did the sneezing start abruptly?
Does she sneeze more than 20 times a day and does she ever paw her face or rub it on the ground?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
the sneezing start out of the blue not to the rest
Thank you.When an outdoor cat starts sneezing like this is could be due to a foreign body such as a grass seed that has been sniffed up.Other considerations would include allergic rhinitis (like hay fever), a polyp, a dental abscess or am infection.A vet visit is best to examine her nose and mouth and she may require some medicine such as anti histamines and anti inflammatories.At home, ensure the air is well ventilated and free of dust and smoke. Monitor for any other signs such as a nasal discharge, fast breathing or reduced appetite.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thank you
Not at all.Please feel free to keep me updated and to ask any further questions you may have.