Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

I have frenchie, almost 10 weeks old, it is his second day

Good afternoon. I have frenchie, almost 10 weeks old, it is his second day at his new home. His inner eyes are very red and I am a bit nervous about it. Tomorrow it will be his first vet appointment and vaccination but is there anything i need to do before we see the vet?
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Does the Frenchie have any allergies?
Customer: The breeder didn’t let me know about any allergies, so I presume he doesn’t.
JA: What's the Frenchie's name?
Customer: Tommy
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: We do have a cat at home, but they are not in contact with puppy at the moment.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm glad to hear he has a check up booked soon, that's great.Could you send a photo of this eyes please?
Does he rub them or are the watery?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello Dr Linda. Please see attached (he is sleeping, couldn’t do any better). The eyes are definitely watery
What a sweety, I hope I didn't wake him up!I agree the 3rd eyelids are more protruded than usual. It may be that there is a mild irritation/inflammation.It is also possible this is the beginning of a condition called 'Cherry Eye'. Frenchies are prone to those condition and if it occurs, Tommy would need to undergo a procedure to correct it.Finally, sometimes this happens when the gut is inflamed and/or there are internal parasites.I would monitor closely and ask the vet to have a look tomorrow. Also ensure he is up to date with a good quality wormer. Use moist cotton wool to gently clean away any discharge as needed. If he is trying to rub, distract him with a game or toy as much as possible.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** is a sweety. He started to snore again straight after picture :)
Tomorrow on his first check up I will ask the vet to have a closer look on his sweet eyes to make sure it is not bothering him.. and me because my heart aches just when looking at him as he is too cute.
Thank you so much, I will follow the advises!
Not at all and take care!