Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

I got a 7month old french dog a girl called dolcia .when my

Customer Question

I got a 7month old french bull dog a girl called dolcia .when my partner takes her out .her breathing sounds different on exercise .I'm am registered my self with pdsa for my cat .I would like to see if he pet can be seen pdsa .for this breathing and I would like to get him and dog to pdsa for check up
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the Bulldog's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: Since she was 11 week old
JA: When did the Bulldog last see a vet? Is she taking any medications?
Customer: When she was 3 month old .the dog was he's daughter and she works a lot .so Paul has now took over the dog
JA: What's the Bulldog's name?
Customer: Dolcia Holland /cole
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: She once had a water infection when the daughter owned her as far as I'm aware vets for pets seen to dog and medication was given
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 5 days ago.

Hi there, this is Dr Linda, a UK based vet.

To clarify, this is an online advice service not associated with any vet e.g. PDSA.

Do you wish to continue with an online consult?

Without further information it is very difficult for me to provide the best advice but I shall certainly try.

Please reply when you can and we can continue the conversation.

This breed are notorious for developing breathing issues due to the shape of their face and their genes. Many suffer with "brachycephalic upper airway syndrome" or BUAS. You may find she is less tolerant of exercise, snores and has noisy breathing. A vet consult is best, ***** ***** say, so they can examine her and determine if her condition is severe enough to warrant treatment.

As it has been humid recently, be extra careful she isn't getting overheated. Frenchies are awful at coping in the heat. Bring her for any walks when it is cool, first thing in the morning. Consider a cooling bed. Ensure she always has shade and cool water when outside.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions,

Take care,

Linda.