Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

Can you help i have a poorly d, can you help?.lhave poorly

Customer Question

HI can you help i have a poorly d
JA: The Vet will be able to answer your question, plus any follow-ups you may have. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Hi can you help?.lhave poorly Dart Frog with a bad case of abdominal bloat ,ii have done lots of reading to try and find a remedy. I HAVE SOME ANTI INTERNAL BACTERIA for fish but if i try this l do not know how to apply and in what quantity to water (mineral water).The frog also seems to be struggling with her back legs.she appears to be dragging them more than using them.I understand this could be partof the condition any advise would be appreciated to prevent loosing her altogether.
JA: Hi there. Have you spoken to a vet about the infection yet? How long has this been going on with the frog?
Customer: About two weeks but shes been active untill the last 5 day's .she's been falling on her back and i have to put her the right way up i have her quarantined.away from the othersjust now.
JA: What's the frog's name and age?
Customer: Arther just over 1 year old .
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: She's a bit listless and is not eating she justs sits.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, can soneone please respond to my query? I was hoping to have a reply by now, it has been hours. I thought this site responded pretty quickly? Thankyou.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please continue thanks
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 9 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 9 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm a vet in the UK for small pets. As no other experts have responded I can assume there are not exotic or herpetic vets available. I am not a specialist myself but I'm happy to try and help you find one.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for responding Susan,unfortunately my frog died on Tuesday.
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 8 days ago.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Take care.