Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

Dog has got a pink lump on her back with a little hard lump

Customer Question

Dog has got a pink lump on her back with a little hard lump coming of it plus she has got a lump right by her eye
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the dog had this lump?
Customer: The big pink lump she has had about 2 months
JA: What's the dog's name?
Customer: Lulu
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: She is eating and drinking but that didn’t sto me worrying
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 10 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
Hopefully I can help today.Could you please send a picture of the lump?
Does it seem to bother her?
Has a vet ever examined or biopsied it?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
A vet said it was a cyst but another little hard lump is growing in it
Ok, thank you.
When did the vet last see the lump?
Did the vet analyse it by popping a needle in it?
Would a photo be possible?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The vet put a needle in and blood came out then she told it would cost 700 pound to remove it I had to tell her to stop as I am on pension credit .i don’t know how to do pics on here ,,,,there is a small garfish lump growing on the side of the cyst ...she has a red lump by her eye
Thank you.As the vet thought it was worth doing a fine needle aspirate (popping a needle in) and have suggested removal, this would indicate they think it could be sinister (cancerous). Or, sometimes removal is advised if the lump is in an awkward place or becoming infectedIf it were a simple cyst we wouldn't expect the vet to advise removal and we wouldn't usually get blood when aspirating.If the lump has grown or changed, this would make me more concerned.If removing it is a financial issue, consider finding a vet who offers payment plans or accepts payment on credit, if you would want to go ahead with removing it. You may also qualify for charity assistance as you are on a pension so could contact charities such as the rspca, pdsa and blue Cross Cross see if they can assist financially.If you can send a photo via email, you can send one to me at***@******.***

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions,

Take care,

Linda.