Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

She has had a skin condition for years and I normally bring

She has had a skin condition for years and I normally bring her in get some tablets and ear cleaner and it clears it up but she has a sore eye and she keeps scratching it and Its all scabby
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: It's a staffy / pitbull prone to skin condition s
JA: When did you notice the Staffy had this issue with her eyes? Does she have any allergies?
Customer: It's been ongoing for a while now not sure of any allergies
JA: And what's the Staffy's name and age?
Customer: Bella and I think shes 5ish
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
To clarify, this is an online advice service and not a vet clinic. Any prescription medicine would need to be acquired through Bella's vet.Most often, when a dog gets recurrent itchy itchy and infections they suffer from a condition called atopic dermatitis/ allergies. This website explains further:https://www.pdsa.org.uk/taking-care-of-your-pet/pet-health-hub/conditions/skin-allergies-atopic-dermatitis-in-dogsWe must rule out parasites by ensuring she is up to date with a good quality parasite prevention such as Advocate which is given each month.As her eyes are affected, they need to be examined. We should measure tear production and stain for ulcers. All of this can be done in a regular consultation. She may well need some antibiotics eye drops.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions,

Take care,

Linda