Dr. Gwen
Dr. Gwen, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 22 years experience in emergency medicine, zoo, exotic, and wildlife medicine.
21470562

Looking for more information on Tigers. If this guy lived on

Hello looking for more information on Tigers . If this guy lived on the out skirts of a plantation .he had just finished a swim and drank a few beers and has closed off . A large Tiger manages to get in . Apart from the guy there is no one about . How would it attack and feed

Tigers will attack from behind, so he would stalk this guy and jump on his back.  He would aim to bite the neck for a quick death.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Would the tiger start to feed straight away or take the meal to a safer place.

If the person was killed near a village with a lot of other people around, the tiger would move the carcass.  Otherwise, it would most likely consume the body in the area.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Were Will it start to feed on the guy in the picture.

They would generally eat most of the muscle and organs first, so likely the thorax and abdominal cavity.  They would leave the bones, especially larger items like the skull, until last or not eat those at all.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I see . Do tigers pick over the prey to try and remove hair or fur.

Yes, they do not generally eat the hair or skin of their prey items.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I had heard of thatbut was not sure that they actually did it. How much of the guy could a large tiger be able to eat.

A full adult tiger would be able to eat just about the entire carcass.  It may leave the skull behind.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thats amazing. what about the small item of clothing he has on , what the tiger think and do with it.

I don't think the tiger would intentionally eat it.  Unless ravenous it would probably spit out any pieces of fabric that it inadvertently ate.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks ,When the tiger was trying to feed on what was in the small swim trunks , would it try and work it`s way in from the waist band ,or the leg holes , or just grab the entire groin area and eat it all and leave the rest of the trunks.

It would likely eat the thorax and abdomen first.  By consuming the abdominal contents that would shift the structures of the pelvis and limbs, so it would generally just continue to chew at the heavy muscled areas like the thighs and buttocks.  It would encounter the clothing there and chew through it and spit it out if it got pieces inside its mouth.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Great information. many thanks.

My pleasure