Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My 13 n a half, called Boots, is it possible for her to go

Customer Question

My 13 n a half, called Boots, is it possible for her to go blind n deaf, at that age.
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Cat with very long hair
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: Well, just this year she has stayed out in the garden, n normally always in the house, but lately, av noticed her staring, n she can't c her dreamies n she attacked me this morning
JA: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: No, she's not hurting, Sam just worried about her coz she's so intelligent, so she's not the same was b4 and am thinking she can't here me, she would normally have a conversation with me
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 20 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.As cats age, their senses will naturally decline a little so their hearing and vision won't be as good as when they were little.However, blindness or deafness aren't normal and can be cashed by diseases such as hypertension or ear infection.Given her sudden change in behaviour, a vet visit is best. They will examine her and may run some tests such as a blood test. Treatment will depend on what is going on and may include e.g antibiotics and anti inflammatories.
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 19 days ago.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.

This window stays open so you can keep me updated on how Boots is.