Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

It's our Cat, Diana, She has recently been rather fussy with

Customer Question

JA: Hi there. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: It's our Cat, Diana
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the cat's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: She has recently been rather fussy with her food which we have changed numerous times and she started to like the new food we had given her but she doesn't seem to be eating as well as she did. We also noticed she has a few lumps on her which we have been slightly concerned about and been also wanting to just have her checked over for any issues but she is impossible to get to a vet so looking for a vet to possibly do a home visit
JA: Where on the cat's body is the lump?
Customer: Just below her rib cage if I remember right
JA: What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Diana and she is 11/12
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Diana?
Customer: Not to my knowledge
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 20 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
To clarify, this is an online advice service and not a vet clinic.Most vets are not performing house visits at the moment due to the pandemic. However, you can call your local clinics directly to ask as it is at the vet's discretion.If her lumps are worrying, the vet may want to sample them.Given her recent reduced appetite, they will likely also wish to examine her mouth closely (for e.g. dental disease or oral ulcers) and perhaps take a blood test to assess her liver and kidney function.Why is she so tricky to get to a vet? Would it perhaps be possible to scoop her up and place her in a top loading carrier? I find this the best way with skittish cats. If she scratches, wearing thick gloves or using a towel can help protect you from any cuts.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Ok no worries at all. I will try calling some local vets and see if they are able to do a home visit. She is half feral and given her age I wouldn't want to stress her out more than is needed and she is also adopted so we don't know anything about her past life
I completely understand.This window stays open so you can keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.Stay safe.