Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

My dog is 10 years old and is quite a bid dog. I think he

My dog is 10 years old and is quite a bid dog. I think he has got to big and trying to stand up, he has dislocated his front leg. Need someone to have a look at him,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did the dog hurt himself? Have you seen a vet yet?
Customer: Yesterday I notice that his shoulder was not looking right and his leg has swollen, not seen a vet yet
JA: Did he bleed at all from the dislocation?
Customer: No. Not 100% sure it is dislocated but doesn't look right and he can't walk on it. He can stand but only walk 5foot before laying back down
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Alfie, he is over 10 years old. Cross boxer-mastive. Looks like a giant staf
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Alfie?
Customer: I can't lift him into the car as he is so big and also very ticklish under belly so he won't let you put arm under him when trying to pick him up

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

Just Answer is a vet-advice only platform. We have no means of performing a consult

My best recommendation is to call your local vet and see if they can’t arrange a home visit for you

If they can’t help with that, you can try ringing around to see if other vets don’t accept new clients and they could help you.

But if Alfie is not putting any weight on that leg, he would have to get seen as a hands-on comsult in the following 25-48h due to pain concerns.

Please let me know if you’ve got any further questions.