Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

I have 2 Persian cat that are 2 years old and are not

Customer Question

Hello I have 2 Persian cat that are 2 years old and are not eating
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this decrease in the Persian's appetite? Any changes in energy?
Customer: big change in energy last 2 days
JA: Does the Persian seem to be in any pain?
Customer: no not that I can see
JA: What's the Persian's name and age?
Customer: both cats are 2 years 3 month old Mico & Lola
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: they haven't had there worm or fee treatment this month but only due now my parrtner is worried he has licked a spray cleaning bottle
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 14 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concern.Any other signs such as vomiting, diarrhoea, fast breathing or a bloated abdomen?Would you be able to check their mouths for e.g. ulcers, red gums or bad breath?Finally, any other toxins at home such as a new houseplant, flowers or human medicine?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I saw vomiting a few days ago from lola they both have diarrhoea lola has it again today.
I'm sorry to hear this.And would they allow you to check inside their months?

Hopefully you could see my questions above?

Without further information it is very difficult for me to provide the best advice but I shall certainly try .

Please reply when you can and we can continue the conversation.

Lethargy, a reduced appetite and diarrhoea can have many causes including an infection, toxin ingestion, dietary indiscretion (eating something they shouldn't have) etc.

As both are infected, it is likely to be something infectious or a result of something they both ate which they shouldn't have.

Exposure to a cleaning product can make cats unwell and cause e.g. oral ulcers and pain.

I would also double check for any other potential toxins such as a lily plant, human medicine or an essential oil they may have gotten to.

It is important they both have pink and wet gums,  they don't have a bloated abdomen and their breathing isn't laboured.

Offer a bland diet of chicken and rice and plenty of water.

A vet visit is best if signs persist so they can be checked over. The vet may also advise on some tests such as a blood test or abdominal scan.

Treatment will depend on what is going on and may include e.g antibiotics and anti inflammatories.