Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

We have an outdoor cat that is normally very active is less

Customer Question

we have an outdoor cat that is normally very active is less than 12 months old but this morning is curled up in a ball and doesn't want to eat and quite limp. His body feels quite hot (maybe temperature). what action should we take?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It's just very out of character for the cat. He is one of three we have. the others seems fine but he is normally the "leader"
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Have been with the cat again. He is curled up but when you stroke him he uncoils and seems to want to have his tummy rubbed. I have tried gently squeezing his abdomen to see see if he reacts with any pain but doesn't seem to. When you stop rubbing him he just curls up into a ball again. Almost like he has bad stomach ache or something
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No sign of any vomiting or diarrhea though.
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 14 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concern.From how you've described him, I would consider e.g. a toxin ingestion, trauma (e.g. a fall from a height) or a cat bite.The limpness and lack of appetite is a real worry at this age.I would bring him to the vet right away.They will examine him and may run some tests such as a blood test and abdominal scan.Treatment will depend on what is going on and may include e.g antibiotics and pain relief. He may also need a fluid drip.
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 13 days ago.

Hi there, how is your cat doing?