Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

I recently purchased 2 fancy mice to introduce to my other

Customer Question

Hi, I recently purchased 2 fancy mice to introduce to my other 2. I have noticed that alteast one of the new mice seems to have really soft poo which i knwo is usually how mild dioreah presents in mice. I was wondering what yo unwound recommend
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. When did you notice this softness? Did the mouse eat anything unusual?
Customer: I noticed it a few days ago. I havent been giving them fresh fruit or vegetables to try help with the soft stool. I got the mouse in question almost 3 weeks ago. They haven't eaten anything other than the dry mouse food
JA: What's the mouse's name and age?
Customer: Shes called pearl. The pet store couldnt give me an exact age but said she should be around 3 months old atleast
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: NoCustomer: Chat is completed
Expert:  Teodora B replied 19 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

Expert:  Teodora B replied 19 days ago.

When did you introduce Pearl to the new crew?

Expert:  Teodora B replied 19 days ago.

Are the other mice fine?

Expert:  Teodora B replied 19 days ago.

If Pearl is still bright, alert, responsive and happy in herself you can try a few "home remedies" before she needs to see a vet. Firstly, she'd need to be isolated from the others, just in case we are dealing with something infectious. Then, eliminate any fresh food. Try a human baby kaolin-pectin product (one drop every 4h) - you can get this from your local chemist, but we are off-license (there are no mice products available). You can try some general probiotics as well from the pet-store. If Pearl feels unwell at any point, lethargic/ stops eating, stools have blood in it, she would have to see one of my colleagues for a hands-on examination and faecal culture.