Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My cat has a high temperature and diahrea, thank you, it

Customer Question

Hello my cat has a high temperature and diahrea
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. When did the diarrhea start? Could the cat have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: thank you, ***** ***** Sunday evening he was brought to an out of hours vet where he speant the night and was improving since then and went downhill again today he has a high white blood count but no Visible infection he has been tested negative for feline flu
JA: What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Oliver 7 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Oliver?
Customer: He had a small tooth infection which we are awaiting the tooth to be removed however it doesn’t show signs of being currently infected
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 16 days ago.

Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.

I'm sorry to hear Oliver has not been well.

What is his temperature today?

Any other signs such as lethargy, fast breathing or pale or dry gums?

Would it be possible to send his blood results and was his stool analysed?
Finally, what medicine is he currently on?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** requested his blood results from our local vet.On inspection today his temperature is 39.1, our vet thinks he has a bad case of gastroenteritis. She also commented they could not feel his organs on Sunday/Monday however the swelling seems to be going down and they can feel some of them now.He is a little bit lethargic but still walking around and jumping on things . No stool analysis although thank you for bringing thag to my attention I will get it seen to.Thank you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (5LZ6ZL4)
Thank you for this additional information.You can attach the blood results when available.Frustratingly, his symptoms could have several causes including an infection (viral or bacterial), pancreatitis, gastroenteritis, gut obstruction etc.It seems like he is being well taken of.If not improving, the next step may well be a stool analysis and perhaps an abdominal scan.Ensure he is eating a bland diet and drinking plenty of water to avoid dehydration.

I need to mark this question as complete to avoid being negatively rated as it has been open a few hours.

However, the window remain open so we can continue talking.

Please feel free to send on those blood results and to keep me updated so I can be of further assistance. Thank you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My apologies Linda thank you so much

Don't apologise, it is a silly website rule! Talk soon.