Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

I have a litter of kittens and one of them faded at 4 weeks

Customer Question

Hi I have a litter of kittens and one of them faded at 4 weeks and we think the litter is I'll or something because there's another one, a little tortie who's not looking very well, we've been trying to feed her with a bottle and she's taken a little milk but her mother is refusing to feed her and she's looking really sickly and the fur under her belly is sweaty
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Hello?
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi The kitten is called mars
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I think that's all, they are ab 4-5 weeks old
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Her hearts beating really fast and her breathing is quite weak.
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 8 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.I'm sorry to hear of the little one who has passed and appreciate your concern for the rest of the litter.Sometimes, there is an infection within the litter which may make a few poorly.We would also consider e.g. a parasite burden or congenital disease such as heart disease.Cats sweat through their paws rather than belly so wet fur on her belly may he e.g. urine, vomit or wet faeces.Fast breathing may be a sign of a fever, pain or distress.Given all you've said and as we know her sibling passed, I would have this kitten see by an emergency vet right away.This is so we can determine what is going on and start any required treatment such as fluids and antibiotics.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thank you, ***** ***** know how Ig I can pay the vet by credit or get any help with the vet bill? My parents aren't helping with the cost and I'm 19 and don't have much savings
I understand.Every vet will have their own system so you need to ask your local clinic directly.Some will allow payment plans and most accept payment on credit.Do make them aware of your financial concerns so they can work with you and keep costs low.It is also worth contacting any local charity clinics such as the rspca, pdsa or Celia Hammond as many can assist.