Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My cat is always scratching his ear. He already cut his ear

Customer Question

Hi! my cat is always scratching his ear. He already cut his ear twice while scratching and I don't know what to do
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is your cat bleeding a lot?
Customer: no
JA: Phew. What is your cat's name and age?
Customer: Ocean, 7 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: how do i attach fotos?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (1P1SGZG)
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 10 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 10 days ago.

Sorry to hear of this with Ocean and thanks for the photos. Irritation with the ear liek this could suggest an ear infection, either bacterial, fungal or (more commonly in cats) parasitic due to ear mites.

I would suggest getting Ocean checked by your vet who can perform otoscopic examination of the ear, take samples if necessary and prescribe an appropriate course of treatment (possibly ear drops).

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.