Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

I have a mixed breed dog around 8 years old I have only

Customer Question

Hi I have a mixed breed dog around 8 years old I have only owned her for a couple of months but she has been a bit out of sorts and has peed twice in the house in the last few hours (which she has never done before) when I was cleaning it up I could see there was blood in it. She is not registered with you but i should be registered for my old dog.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Molly
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No i don't think so
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 15 days ago.

Hi there, this is Dr Linda, a UK base vet.

I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concern.

Has she been drinking more, lethargic or straining to pee?

Is she spayed (neutered)?

Are her gums pink and wet?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
she is drinking more and lethargic not noticed her starining to pee but i was out for a few hours at college and came home to a pee which she has never done before then she kept going to the door and i thought it was just because she had been left so let her out in the garden then half an hour later she sat down and peed in my living room which is not something she normally does and when i was cleaning it there was definitely blood in it?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i dont have any money to call thats why i am with pdsa
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
im on benefits
Thank you for this additional information.There are a few considerations including bladder stones, a urinary tract infection, bladder mass, kidney disease, clotting disorder etc.At this stage, she does need a vet visit visit a urine analysis to be performed. This way we can determine the best course of action which may include anti inflammatories ,antibiotics and a special diet.At time, we can start bladder supplements and increase her water intake. It is also important she is allowed our very regularly.The sooner prescription treatment is started the better.
Please ignore any phone call requests as the website sends these automatically.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ok i will call in the morning thanks
Ok perfect.This window stays open so you can keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.Do ensure she continues to be able to pass urine as, if she cannot, this is an emergency. However, a blockage is rare in females.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ok thanks