Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

I am writing to inform you about my goldfish situation and

Customer Question

hello. I am writing to inform you about my goldfish situation and ask if you can help. my goldfish is currently feeling tired and unwell.I am not sure of the disease but my goldfish is struggling to swim to the top of the of the tank and is staying at the bottom . He is also hiding a lot in his cave and going in the plants. He is also eating less. I would like to ask what the disease is and if you tell me witch medications he needs
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this decrease in the goldfish's appetite?
Customer: I actually noticed this weak and the other 3 fish where the same and died recently
JA: Does the goldfish seem to be in any pain?
Customer: yes she is sort of gasping for breath
JA: What's the goldfish's name and age?
Customer: the goldfish name is ***** ***** i am nt sure of her age
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: there is also baby fish but they look more like insects
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  Teodora B replied 14 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

Expert:  Teodora B replied 14 days ago.

Is the little one still able to feed?

Expert:  Teodora B replied 14 days ago.

Could you send me a short video?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
he is able to eat
Expert:  Teodora B replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  Teodora B replied 14 days ago.

Could I please ask you to send me a short video?

https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Expert:  Teodora B replied 14 days ago.

Based on the information you have provided so far, my best recommendation would be to contact your local Exotic Specialist and get Toffee looked at. There are several conditions that would make a fish eat less, be lethargic and struggle to swim to the top. Due to the RCVS law, any prescription-only medication can be dispensed in the UK only after examining the animals under our care. The most I could do would give a few suggestions about temperature and pressure,, but I strongly feel the little one needs a proper medical intervention