Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

Could someone come and look at my cat please.He lives

Customer Question

could someone come and look at my cat please.He lives outside and hasnt
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the cat's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: he livs outsie and hasnt been seen for a couple of days.Ihave just seen him in his box and he looks in a bad way. I am scared to
JA: Is he taking any medications?
Customer: tono uch him.He isnt friendly at the best of times
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Ned and he is about14 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Ned?
Customer: just that he is a bit feisty and lives outside in a shed
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 13 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.I'm so sorry to hear Ned is so unwell and appreciate your concern.To clarify, this is an online advice service and not a vet clinic.For a home visit, you need to call your local clinic. Unfortunately most aren't doing home visits due to the pandemic. Regardless, it likely wouldn't be best for Ned. If very unwell, he may need oxygen and fluids as well as diagnostic tests such as blood tests and imaging. Hence, the best place for him is inside the vet clinic.If you don't feel comfortable putting him in a carrier, maybe a friend or neighbour could help? Alternatively, your local clinic may be able to send a staff member but this is at their discretion and you would need to ask them directly.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.