Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My cat has fleas and they’re biting my partner and my

My cat has fleas and they’re biting my partner and my toddler - I’ve give. Her frontline - and have sprayed they house with indorex -
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Fleas can be tricky to get rid of, but the Expert can share some tips. What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** and she’s 14 years old - she weighs 5kg
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: She also has lice
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Will this app be able to help with prescriptions?
I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concern.Fleas can be tricky to eliminate as they infest the home.We must ensure all pets are treated. Many fleas are resistant to Frontline so I advise Advocate or Advantage.The same day as pets are treated, we need to blitz the house. As well as Indorex, we must hot wash all bedding and blankets over 60'c. We must hoover daily, focusing on dark areas such as behind curtains and under sofas.95% of the flea burden liver off the cat and in their home.We should repeat flea treatment in a month, as well as the house treatment, to avoid re hatching and re infestation.Consider mites (mange) is you and your family are itching. A GP can diagnose this for you. A vet can check the cats skin with a scraping.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’ve been using various spot on treatments for 2 months and have been washing everything and vacuuming and spraying - is it possible to get a prescription for stronghold?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I just need the answer to the above question before moving further
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok I get it this is scam
No, online vets cannot issue prescriptions or prescription medicine. This is an online advice service.
Advantage contains Imadacloprid (the same ingredients as Advocate) and is available without prescription online and from pet shops. I find it works very well for resistant flea infestations.If still no luck, there are exterminators who can come to the house and provide a professional treatment.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for your time. Appreciated
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry I’m super stressed as my 18 month old has covid.
Not at all.I'm so sorry to hear this and hope your little one is soon on the mend, bless them.This window stays open so you can keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.Take care.