Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My dog has eaten a paracetamol tablet, Bruno aged 3. He

Customer Question

My dog has eaten a paracetamol tablet
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Bruno aged 3. He weighs 10.5kg and it was one 500 mg tablet
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Thank you
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 11 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.We do use paracetamol for dogs, but at relatively low doses.It is generally accepted that a dog who ingests 50mg/kg or less is in no danger and requires no treatment.Luckily, if we are confident Brumo has only eaten one tablet, he has only ingested 47mg/kg and isn't expected to become unwell.Do monitor closely for any signs such as vomiting, diarrhoea or a change in thirst or appetite.
The above is assuming that, due to Bruno's age, he is in good health and not on any medicine.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you yes I am certain it was only one tablet. I will keep a close eye on him. Thank you
Not at all and please feel free to keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have .