Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My sons hamster has a green puss like spot appeared on

My sons hamster has a green puss like spot appeared on centre of its eye
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the spot? Has the hamster been licking or rubbing the skin?
Customer: Yes retreat we noticed it had a cloudy patch in it and today noticed the green puss yesterday
JA: And what's the hamster's name and age?
Customer: Keira 1.5yr
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Keira?
Customer: no
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concern.Could you please send a clear photo?Has Keira been otherwise OK?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yeh she is fine otherwise
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Will take pic
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (7V426P6)
Thank you.I am just reviewing the photo and typing my reply.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
There are a few considerations here including a corneal ulcer (scratch on the surface of the eye), bacterial infection, foreign body such as a piece of hay etc.I wouldn't advise we try to treat this at home and do think a vet visit is important.This is so we can flush the eye in case of any foreign matter. Also, we need to stain it for any ulcers. Finally, I suspect she will need some topics antibiotics and oral anti inflammatories which need to be prescribed.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
That’s what I thought. I have used saline soloution until I can get her to a vet on Monday is that ok?
When it comes to the eyes, the sooner treatment is started the better.Saline is good and if you could see a vet in the morning that would be best.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The vet is closed until Monday though
If you send me your postcode, I can let you know of your weekend options nearby.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
G522jn
Thanks, ***** ***** moment.

Vets Now are open 24/7 and can be reached on 0141(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thank you for your help tonight
Not at all.Roundhouse vets are also open from tomorrow morning and may be more affordable. Their number is *****(###) ###-####
Wishing her a very speedy recovery.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank u