Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My pug dog had a litter of pups 7 weeks ago and one of her

Hi my pug dog had a litter of pups 7 weeks ago and one of her teats were really big and hard I rang the vets and didn’t think it was an emergency and to massage her over the weekend but it burst and she is a lot better but she has licked it during the night and it has a big hole I have kept it clean with iodine and wrapped with bandages but they just keep slipping up
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. How much did the Pug have? Do you know her weight?
Customer: them am not sure about between 12 n 18 k I think she had five pups
JA: Has she thrown up since this happened?
Customer: no she’s fine in her self
JA: What's the Pug's name?
Customer: poppy
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Poppy?
Customer: no
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concern.It sounds like she has a severe case of mastitis with an abscess.While she may seem better as the pressure has been released, she needs urgent vet care. She requires antibiotics, anti inflammatories and pain relief.Ensure she isn't able to lick at the area; she may need a buster collar to prevent self trauma.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks very much that’s what I will do
Ok, great.This window stays open so you can keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.