Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

Generic text to see if your a bot kitten, your a bot, not

generic text to see if your a bot kitten
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the kitten?
Customer: your a bot
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Vet more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Where does the kitten seem to hurt?
Customer: not eating
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: nonre
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: kittens have just been brought home, 3 months old they are very playful and enerjetic but havnt eaten anything, one eats treats but the other just licks them, they also seem to have not drank much
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I've got them the correct aged food for them and the exact same as what the owners were feeding them before
I've also made sure to replace it with fresh food and water but nothing
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.When did the kittens last eat a meal?Are their gums pink and wet?Any signs such as vomiting, diarrhoea or fast breathing?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Last meal 24 hours ago, No sigh of vomiting, diarrhoea and no fast breathing
and i cant check her gums
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
let me try again
but one of them has pink and wet gums
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
both kittens have pink and wet gums
Great, thank you.Kittens at this age need to eat every 6-8 hours so this is certainly a concern.We know that the stress of a house move can cause a reduced appetite, but it is important we get these kitties eating.While it is best to offer the same food they had at the breeder, we may offer some warm chicken and rice or white fish to whet their appetite and prevent them from becoming unwell in the short term.They should accept this and we can gradually transition them on to their regular diet by adding more and more of it to each meal.Ensure their gums remain pink and wet and monitor closely for any further symptoms.Try to keep stress to a minimum. It will help to give them each their own space and to invest in a Feliway Friends plug in.Try some "low stress" activities that aren't confrontational such as pointing a laser nearby for them to chase if they like or placing treats under boxes for them to scent and find.Settling in can take some time.If the kittens become unwell or aren't eating by the morning, a vet visit is best.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks! I did try with a piece of chicken but again she only licked it and didnt eat any of it
Should i try something like Tuna?
Tuna can be rich. If you have white fish such as hake or cod this would be better tolerated.Kitten milk can also be offered.

I hope this helps and please feel free to keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.