Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My little dog is acting really strange, It started about a

Customer Question

My little dog is acting really strange
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the dog was acting this way? Does it happen all the time or only sometimes?
Customer: It started about a week ago
JA: Have you tried anything so far that helps the dog with this behavior?
Customer: No not really I didn't think anything about it at first
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: He is called Oscar he's a Yorkshire terria I've had him 9 years I don't know how old he was when I got him
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Oscar?
Customer: He has fits about 1 every month he's started mating with his bed he does this all the time but yesterday he was doing it and when he stopped I looked over at him and I was shocked his wlly was so big and swallen he could hardly walk and it took ages to get back to normal he's hardly eating anything and he was sick last night
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 15 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.It isn't unusual for a male dog who isn't castrated to hump and sometimes they get carried away. The penis can stay erect for some time after ejaculated. As long as the penis is now back to normal, this wouldn't concern me.Has he seen a vet regarding the seizures and is he on any medicine for them?

Without further information it is very difficult for me to provide the best advice but I shall certainly try.

Please reply when you can and we can continue the conversation.

His signs of frequent seizures and a lack of appetite are a concern and could have several causes including liver disease, kidney disease or a brain tumour.

A vet visit is needed to examine him and they may run some tests such as a blood test. Treatment will depend on what is going on. He may well benefit from daily anti seizure medicine.