Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

I’m looking after my son’s 14 year old Maltese Terrier and

I’m looking after my son’s 14 year old Maltese Terrier and we think she stepped on a wasp. She’s holding up her paw and whimpering. Is there anything I should do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is everything okay with the Maltese's breathing and heart rate?
Customer: yes seems so she’s lying on my husband’s lap with her paw up.
JA: What's the Maltese's name?
Customer: Candy
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Candy?
Customer: apart from being 14 and not eating very well or sleeping well she’s been doing ok.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concern.If you can find the stinger, remove it and bathe the paw in salt water.
You can also give 4mg Piriton, an anti histamine.Ensure the paw isn't swollen and her breathing isn't affected. She should improve quickly over the next few hours
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you we can’t see a sting
Ok, sure. This isn't uncommon so don't worry too much about it.This window stays open so you can keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.

Hi there, how is Candy doing this evening?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
She seems to be fine. Thank you