Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

I have just spoken to someone about my puppy buddy, About 2

Customer Question

Hi I have just spoken to someone about my puppy buddy
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the puppy's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: About 2 hours
JA: When did the puppy last see a vet? Are they taking any medications?
Customer: I was asked for my bank details for 5 pound to speak to a vet I paid this but also 27 has been taken aswell and no one has gotten back to me
JA: What's the puppy's name?
Customer: Buddy
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Buddy?
Customer: I am waiting for someone to get back to meCustomer: Chat is completed
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is there someone there
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 9 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.How can I help today with Buddy?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi as I explained buddy is 3 month and a couple of hours ago I noticed he was wobling about and he is not very responsive just sleepy and when he does wake he seems his head just shakes
I'm sorry to hear this, this sounds very serious.Was he 100% normal yesterday?Any chance he has eaten a toxin such as chocolate, grapes, human medicine, a plant, weed killer etc?Has he had anything applied recently such as a flea medicine?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi I have already had 5 pound taken as I agreed then they took another 27 pound taken which no one said
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No none of these things
Sorry, as the vet I genuinely don't have anything to do with payements or account subscriptions. You need to talk to customer services about anything like that.Ok, thank you for this additional information.Any bad smell or redness within his ear canals?Any chance of trauma such as a fall?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No to any again

Ok, sure.

A sudden onset of neurological signs like you're describing in such a young dog is a rare occurence and is something we need to take very seriously.

Lethargy and wobbling are not specific signs and could have several causes including an infection in the central nervous system, very high fever, neck pain, compressed spinal cord etc.

He needs to see a vet right away. This isn't something we should take a 'wait and see' approach with, or try to treat from home.

The vet will examine him and check his reflexes and mobility. They may also run some tests such as a blood test and imaging.

Treatment will depend on what is going on and may include e.g antibiotics, fluids and anti inflammatories.

If you need the details for your nearest emergency clinic please send me your postcode.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Dh46ew
Thank you.Wear referrals are open and can be called on 01388 777770.Alternatively, you can call 0191(###) ###-####for Westway's out of hours service.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.