Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

Is this free? Or do i have to pay? Cat, She has hurt her

Is this free? Or do i have to pay?
JA: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Cat
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: She has hurt her leg. Its swollen and sore but she is putting pressure on it now and again. Shes eating and drinking but wants to rest. Do u think its a break or just a sprain?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Flokki and 8nmonths
JA: How old is Flokki?
Customer: 8 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear Flokki has developed this issue and appreciate you must be concerned.When did this happen?Does she go outside?Would it be possible to send a photo of the swelling?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It happend yesterday afternoon. She was fine one minute went in her litter box and when she came out she started meowing and limping. Shes an indoor cat and she only really jumps if shes trying to catch flies. She also has this little lump that appeared overnight.
Thank you.Bless her, that looks very swollen and sore.That little lump may be a puncture mark from a cat bite (if you have another cat) or or insect sting. Infections can travel and cause swelling along the limb.It is also possible that she has jumped and landed awkwardly and this could have led to a dislocation or fracture.As she is young, he broken bones aren't unexpected. However, as she is indoors, it would be less likely.She needs to see a vet who will examine her limb and take an xray if concerned.She need pain relief and anti inflammatories and the sooner these are started the better. She may also need a course of antibiotics.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you so much i shall contact my vets asap
Not at all.This window stays open so you can keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.