Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

I have a african grey parrot he has stopped talking he is

I have a african grey parrot he has stopped talking he is eating but his toilet is very watery and he is feeling very sorry for himself
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the African gray's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: 2 days he has eaten plenty of seed
JA: How much did the African gray eat? Do you know his weight?
Customer: Bowl of seed
JA: Has he thrown up since this happened?
Customer: No
JA: And what's the African gray's name and age?
Customer: Clyde 15 years
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Clyde?
Customer: I can not handle him

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

When did the diarrhoea start?

Based on the information you have provided so far, my best recommendation is to give your local vet a call and book Clyde in for an enteritis. I strongly suspect we are dealing with something infectious, but unfortunately, due to the RCVS law, we are not allowed to dispense any antibiotics without a hands-on consult. If you can't handle him, see if your vet can't offer a home visit for you (or a video consult if he's been examined in the past few months)

If you've got any further questions, feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

Teodora B.

MRCVS