Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

My little dog is straining to poo and nothing is happening

My little dog is straining to poo and nothing is happening she is drinking but not eating, and is slobbering a lot
JA: I'll do all I can to help. A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the dog also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: She is sleeping a bit more, but she sleeps quite a lot anyway
JA: Does the dog seem to be in any pain?
Customer: No just lethargic
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Keisha and she is 7
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Keisha?
Customer: I have got to get her teeth sorted

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

When was the last time she's produced faeces?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
2 day's ago

Just to summarise our phone conversation, please try to contact your local PDSA for a hands-on appointment. They'll need to examine her and possible take a bloods sample +/- imaging (ultrasound/X-rays). In the meanwhile, please keep her on bland diet (boiled rice/chicken/boiled white fish with NO bones or Hills i/d) and encourage her to drink plenty of water.