Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 48 years of experience.
55012488

I think cyst or abscess on dogs leg, Tazzie, about 8, Has

I think cyst or abscess on dogs leg
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Tazzie, about 8
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Has had excema since day one, that I can manage

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient.

I'm sorry to hear about this with Tazzie. Can you upload photos of representative skin to our conversation? You can upload photos by texting them, or by using the paperclip or add file icons above your message box...if you can see those icons on your device. You can also use an external app such as dropbox or navigate to justanswer.com/help/using-justanswer and scroll down to "other".

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Did you get photo I sent

Regrettably, no.  Please try again.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (VGPP6G2)

Thank you.  Give me a moment to lighten up these photos, please...

This is either a skin cancer or an acral lick granuloma.  Over what period to time had this developed, please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It's been under the skin for awhile but has only appeared last couple of weeks
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry under his fur for a while but appeared two weeks ago

Thank you.  That rules out acral lick granuloma.  Tazzie's vet will want to needle aspirate this to determine its primary cell type and how best to treat.  Please continue in this conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok this doesn't sound good at all bugger

I understand.  I can't set a follow up in this venue and so please return to our conversation with an update at your convenience.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks I will take the little chap to the vet and take bit from there, kind regards Gary

I'm pleased to hear this.