Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

She is puffing and panting, not after running but just

She is puffing and panting, not after running but just randomly during the day
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: She is a jack Russel corgi cross
JA: I know panting can be worrying. Let's get you talking to the Vet. What's the Corgi's name and age?
Customer: Tara and I think she is about 10
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: She have a very large fatty lamp on her shoulder
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.I'm sorry to hear Tara has these signs.When did they start?When resting, how many times a minute is she breathing?Does she ever cough?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
About 3 wks ago
I am personally unable to make calls but am happy to continue talking via typing if that's OK.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Will wait phone call
Any new cough that lasts over 2 weeks does require veterinary attention.
Typically, a viral infection or something like kennel cough should have resolved by now.Given her age and breed, I would be considering several causes such as tracheal collapse, heart disease or bronchitis.It is important she sees a vet and the sooner the better.They will listen to her heart and lungs and may advise further tests such as a chest xray.Treatment will depend on what is going on and may include e.g anti inflammatories or antibiotics.At home, ensure the air is well ventilated and free of dust and smoke and cooking fumes.Use a body harness rather than neck collar when walking her.Do also ensure she is up to date with her lungworm prevention.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you will get in touch with pdsa
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please forget phone call
Ok that's great.This window stays open so you can keep me updated and ask any further questions you may have.I will not call, not a problem.Wishing Tara all the very best.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please cancel account
Please do speak to customer services who will be able to assist you with this.