Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

Is it ok to feed feral cats Greek yoghurt? We are on holiday

Hi is it ok to feed feral cats Greek yoghurt?
We are on holiday in Greece and one is paying our villa a visit each morning. We have fed it yoghurt twice (just a tablespoon) and it laps it up. Just want to be sure we are not making it sick?

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

Cats are often intolerant to this (and geek yogurt is known to have a higher level of fat). I would personally say it's not ok to feed cats Greek yoghurt, but being feral, I assume they barely find any food so they'll happily eat everything. If you really want to feed them, on your next trip to the corner shop, buy them some proper cat food. The worst the yoghurt can do is cause diarrhoea, but as I said, most felines do have a milk intolerance.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Great advice thanks. I’ll get sone cat food next time I am out.